Sunday 1 February 2015

January Favourites

I'm sure these posts will be starting the same for most people- where has January gone?! It has quite literally flown by and after not long ago seeing '2014 favourites' it's all about 'January 2015's favourites' now! 

This post is going to be a few different items instead of just beauty- introducing some new bits and bobs! 

Amazon Kindle Fire, my beloved birthday present from my boyfriend and he definately did well with this one! It's permenantly attatched to my hand, especially on my commutes and I'm currently reading & loving- "When Girlfriends Chase Dreams" by Savannah Page. This is a free book on the Kindle book store and I'm currently 90% through it and will definately be finishing off the last chapter after this post! 

Twinings Blackcurrant Burst Tea.
I'm obsessed with tea, now I'm talking English breakfast tea, dash of milk, no sugar. But as a New Years resolution I am on a mission to try and cut back to just a cup or two a day and instead opting for fruit/herbal teas. I'm struggling I'll be honest, but I do really like this Blackcurrant flavour.. There's a Twinings Cranberry flavour I'm liking too, but Blackcurrant is January's favourite! 

Longchamp Handbag. A Christmas gift that has not gone to waste, I'd always had my eye on a Longchamp bag for it's classy, effortless look and always had the navy in mind. It's super roomy as I do like to take all but the kitchen sink out with me, and it goes with everything!

Now for the more beauty side of things;

Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish. January has been the perfect chance to give this cleanser a fair trial and see the results; I love it. I feel so clean after using this (I know that's the aim of a cleanser) however I really do feel this gets right in there and the muslin cloth afterwards give a thorough but gentle 'polish' of the skin. 

Origins Drink Up Intensive. My overnight saviour. Firstly I love the fruity smell of this product, but the key part being how my skin feels after, it just feels so hydrated, fresh and appears visibly brighter. I like my current moisturisers but this beats them hands down. 


Topshop Glow Highlighter. I'm a sucker for a dewy look, highlighters always catch my eye (quite literally) and Topshops glow has been a favourite of kind for a while now. After seeing rave reviews from BeccaRose I picked it up to give it a go and haven't put it down since. A little goes a long way with this product too! 

Sleek Phoenix Rising Lipgloss. When I thought I would never be able to pull off a dark lip to save my life and my lip colours varied between simply nude-pink-red, along came this lipgloss! It's a lovely dark berry shade but has the red undertone rather than purple, which after testing colours I found didn't work for me, this colour works really well on my rather pale complexion and vamps up so many looks! 

So there goes the 1st batch of this years favourites! 

What are your favourite items for the month? 

Rae xo 

4 comments:

  1. I've heard nothing but good things about the drink up mask - I have to try it x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought exactly the same which just pushed me to give it a try! And honestly, only thing I've found to make my skin feel hydrated! X

      Delete
  2. I've been drinking a tonne of fruit teas lately and I've been loving two in particular. I haven't tried that Blackberry one so I might give it a go! :)

    Sarah / Sarah Smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What 2 have you been drinking? Definately looking to try some different ones so I don't get too bored of the same ones! X

      Delete