Tuesday 10 February 2015

Book Review #1:The Fault In Our Stars by John Green


After much thought into adding something new to my blog, I sat and thought of what else I spend a lot of my time doing if it isn't something beauty related. After this was probably joint evens with commuting and reading (as the two go hand in hand for me). As much as I find my train commutes the ideal time to catch up on some BlogLovin' or my Twitter and Instagram news feed or Daily Mail online, I do like to get stuck into a good book. As you probably all know from a few of my recent posts, I got a Amazon Kindle Fire for my birthday back in October, and has been closely attached to my hands ever since. If it's not my Kindle, it's a good old paperback!

The most recent book I've finished was quite a big hit at the end of 2014 in both the book and film world;'The Fault In Our Stars'. I haven't actually seen the film (as of yet) but it's definately on the list after the book!

"Despite the tumour-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Walters suddenly appears at a Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten."

I was pretty drawn into this book from the get-go, you know there is some of those books that kind of take few chapters but this got me at Chapter 1. I love the way it is written as even though the subject is one of a serious nature, John Green brings some light-hearted, feel good factor into this book. Hazel is a little tough cookie who has fallen for the gentleman-ly Augustus Walters and the two of them together just bounce of eachother in the storyline. I laughed, smiled and cried throughout this book and can make it a record for the first book I've actually cried at (okay if you don't include a tear or two from JoJo Moyes, Me Before You.) 

The end isn't quite what I expected but in a good way, no one likes a predictable ending! I actually felt quite lost once I'd finished this book as I got really into it throughout, taking me only around 5 days to read it all. 

Overall I would highly recommend this book to anyone and of all ages! It's a heart warming, touching story! I've got no reasons not to give it a 10/10!

Would you like to see more book reviews on the blog? Let me know!

Rae xo 

6 comments:

  1. I love reading book reviews and would definitely love to see more! I've actually never read this, its something I kept meaning to, but just never got round to it! :)

    Sarah / Sarah Smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was the same as me at the end of last year! I would definately recommend it, if you like a good cry and a good laugh! X

      Delete
  2. I read this book on holiday and loved it - I think it was better than the film! Such a touching story and so sad! I love reading book reviews and post them myself once a week so would love to see more from you :)

    Beth / Bethany Georgina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really?! I do usually find the books better than the films too actually!
      I'd really like to introduce more of the book reviews! Thank you:)

      Delete
  3. I loved reading this last year! It's a great book and really gets to your emotions x

    amyslittleweb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! You laugh and cry and sometimes both at the same time!! X

      Delete