Monday 23 February 2015

Book Review #3: The Best Thing That Never Happened to Me by Laura Tait & Jimmy Rice


"Everyone remembers their first love.
Holly certainly remembers Alex. But she decided ten years ago that love wasn’t about mix tapes and seizing the moment – though she’s not exactly sure it’s about secret dates with your boss, either.
But what if the feelings never really went away? Alex wants to make every moment of his new job count. It’s a fresh start in a big city, and he’s almost certain that moving to London has nothing to do with Holly. Almost.
How do you know if it was meant to be… or never meant to happen at all?"

As a current bookworm I've been on the hunt of a nice lengthy list of books I want to read, and come across fellow blogger www.bethany-georgina.com. It was on her blog I read a very positive review of hers on this book and after a brief chat on Twitter she recommended it to me once again, I just had to purchase! 

I'm a sucker for a rom-com and as much as people say, "Oh but it's obvious they're going to end up together!" It's how it happens that has to keep you clutching the book, wanting to read more and this book was exactly that! I thought at first I might of got a tad confused with it flinging between past and present and 2 different narrators, being Alex and Holly, but it actually made it a really enjoyable read! As Beth mentions, and I totally agree, you really do get to know the characters better with them both being the narrators which, again, I feel gives this book a really good positive!  

Like my films, I like my books where I'm shouting at the pages "Just tell him/her!!!!" and getting super into the characters and the storyline and I definately found this with this book. It's not too lengthy nor cut too short and leaving out any juicy bits. It's a fast paced, fun, loving book that's guarenteed to make you smile, make you 'awww' and giggle away! I would definately recommend this book to anyone who likes a good rom-com!

Have you read this book too? Let me know your thoughts!

Rae xo 



No comments:

Post a Comment