Saturday 21 February 2015

Is your skincare all from the same brand?

This should be an interesting post and I'd love to hear peoples opinions on this.. Do you get the best results if you use the whole range of skincare from one particular brand? Do you pick 'n' mix?

I for one do not use all the same brand, I personally believe this theory is a clever sales tactic which brainwashes customers into believing that the only way to see optimum results is to buy the particular brands- cleanser, toner, exfoliator, serum, eyecream and moisturiser. "Oh I don't really use a serum, I don't think I'll need that" "Oh but you must! The whole regime will be completely thrown off otherwise!" Really?

I think, with the presence of blogs and YouTube, people are noticing this more and realising that it is not the end of the world to use different brands across your skincare, you only need to look at Caroline Hirons Instagram and you tell me.. The skincare guru and you'll see the same brand appear maximum twice in her daily regime. 

Don't get me wrong you may well see these fabulous results if you use a consistent brand, that's if your skin suits it all. If so, good for you and you're extremely lucky. Because I know that for me some moisturisers are too rich when a cleanser from the same brand is just perfect. I can't use abrasive/beaded exfoliators and instead need to opt for an acid exfoliator such as Pixi Glo Tonic, so if a brand only has a beaded exfoliator but my skin can't tolerate it, I can't buy anything else from the range? I like to hope not.

I will continue to fling between brands for my skincare as I find this works best for me! I'd love to hear you skincare stories and views on this topic!

Rae xo 

4 comments:

  1. For my morning routine, I use all of the same products, mainly just because I really love them all, so if its not broke, don't fix it! My evening routine is a mix of products, so its pretty varied. I think as long as you find something that works, it doesn't matter if its all one brand or a mix of brands! :)

    Sarah / Sarah Smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I completely agree! It's just trial and error as to what works best for your skin I think! I'm still trialling bits and pieces ! X

      Delete
  2. Great post. I have never used the same brand for my skincare. I mix and match to suit my specific needs. I think personally it is a better way. Almost like tailor made for you. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree! I also love being able to try new products here and there too!
      Thank you! Xx

      Delete