Tuesday 4 November 2014

Tips and Tricks Tuesday #6. How I (try to) stay happy, positive & motivated

I wrote a post similar to this a while back on 'Positive Thoughts' but after finding myself through still a bit of a rough patch I wanted to reassert those thoughts and keep you guys up to date with them! 

I've tried to ease of the worrying so much, I found myself last night laying in bed awake for 2 & a half hours and up 2 hours before I needed to be this morning because I was worrying about something for today and surprise surprise it was fine and I lost out on nearly 5 hours sleep for no apparent reason?! 

I stop and think that this feeling won't last forever and it will pass but this is easier said than done and in the moment this is a lot harder to shrug off! 

It's a common saying but after my Mum has drummed it into my head for a whole now I've learnt it is so so true 'Life is too short to be anything but happy' I don't need to be sitting dwelling on things I have no control over, none of us do.. Please stop and think if the worrying will actually solve anything, because 9.5 times out of 10 (let's face it 10 out of 10) it won't make a difference.

I have an extremely bad habit of bottling up months and months worth of bad experiences, money issues, family problems, aches and pains - anything and everything - until finally I reach breaking point and CRACK. I had this experience a few weeks back when I completely broke down at work into a big, long, hysterical cry but one my closest & dearest clients advised me with some positive words that I need to relax, take some time out. I need to avoid where possible this build up of exhaustion and negativity, it's an extremely bad habit of mine and i truly have tried to STOP, and let it out, have a cry, have some alone time, put some music on, have a dance, snuggle with a book.. Instead of stressing & worrying! 

I hope at least some of you find some  positivity in this post as it's been my favourite tips & tricks I've done as it's a close experience of mine at the moment.

Much love,

Rae xo 







No comments:

Post a Comment