Tuesday 21 October 2014

Tips and Tricks Tuesday #4. Sorting out your wardrobe & clothes.

I need to sit down and read over this blogpost myself once I've finished because I'm a complete hoarder when it comes to clothes! "Oh I might where that in 2022, I shouldn't get rid of it" "It may come back in fashion in 14 years".. Help!

But when I am feeling brutal, these are the tips I use to really make the most out of the clothes I have and how to decide on what is worth keeping and what isn't. 

Make a date in the diary of when you're starting this little test, and flick forward 6 months making a date of.. "Bin day"! 

On day 1 you are going to place all the hangers in your wardrobe facing one way, and each time you wear an item and put it back in the wardrobe, then face the hanger in the opposite direction. Do this with every item you wear. Check back in 6 months time and everything that's still facing the way you had them on day 1, quite frankly.. You will never wear again! Be brutal, and get rid! Send them to a charity shop, sell them on ebay.. Whichever you want to do! 

Also you want to make sure you're utilising all the items in your wardrobe.. Every now and again root through your wardrobe and think, "I don't wear these bottoms much because I don't have a top to go with it.." then make yourself a list of key items for your wardrobe that are classic pieces for different outfits.

I hope you fashionistas out there enjoy this post or even if you simply needed some inspiration of where to start with a wardrobe clear out! 

Let me know how you get on! 

Rae xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment