Sunday 8 March 2015

Products I won't be re-purchasing.


I've not done a post on the blog before of products I DON'T like, I'm all about the favourites posts! So this is something a bit different and letting you know some products I just haven't been able to get along with. *just because I've been unable to work with these products, doesn't mean that's the same for everyone, this post is just based on personal opinion*

Hydraluron Moisture Jelly. I also own the Hydraluron serum which I have a completely different view on and I absolutely love, the moisture jelly however I can't seem to work with as well. I find it leaves quite a tacky residue on my skin afterwards instead of a silky smooth feel. When I apply the product my skins doesn't feel super nourished either, this part could well be my own fault for not purchasing a rich enough product for my skin but overall this product just doesn't work for my skin. 

Tangle Teezer. Having a long mane of hair is difficult enough but when it comes to taming it I need as much help as I can get! I haven't found the tangle teezer does a great job, I still seem to be yanking and pulling at my hair (which of course I don't want to be doing!) but the tangle teezer just doesn't seem to do the job. I'm on the look out for an alternative at the moment. 

Liz Earle Eyebright Soothing Eye Lotion. After recently receiving this product free when purchasing a Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish, I was really excited to give a new product a go. I don't use many products when it comes to my eye area apart from my Environ Eye Gel but I thought it would be nice to introduce this to wake up the eye area in the mornings and to soothe the eye area in the evenings. However, after trialling it out for a few weeks, I can't say I have noticed anything different. Perhaps becuse my eye area didn't need this product but I just virtually have seen no change at all.. I'm glad I didn't spend money on this product for myself personally. 

Rimmel Brow This Way. I have briefly mentioned this product in a previous post and how I can't quite seem to get a long with it. I find the consistency quite thick and tacky and clings to certain parts of the brows more than others. I love bold defined brows and I was hoping for this to give off a 'tint' like look but instead I found it too be too thick. It only costs around £3-£4 so you do get what you pay for.

Topshop Lipstick in Saint. I've heard a lot of good reviews when it comes to Topshop makeup but unfortunately this lipstick disappointed me. I find the consistency (again) quite thick and quite drying on the lips, this colour (which again is my fault) I find to look similar to the 'concealer lip' look, which I should of noticed before purchasing. Instead of letting the product go to waste I tend to build and use along side another lip colour. 

Wilkinsons Shower Gel and Scrub in Rhubarb & Vanilla. This range doesn't seem to have great scent staying power which is important to me when it comes to shower gels especially. This scent is extremely over powering and does get a bit sickly I find by the end of the bath/shower so I expected it to linger with it's strong scent but nothing of the kind.. It seemed to disappear really quickly which wasn't all bad in this case as I wasn't crazy about the sweet/sickly scent but usually I would want a longer lasting scent from a shower gel. 

In my collection, to only find 6 products I wouldn't repurchase I find to be quite a result! Have you used any of this prdoducts? What are your thoughts on them?

Rae xo  


2 comments:

  1. This was such a refreshing post to read, its nice to see what people don't like too! I actually really like the Tangle Teezer and Liz Earle product, its weird how things work differently! Thanks for sharing :)

    Sarah / Sarah Smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really interesting to do actually! Ah really!? It is weird isn't it.. there's definately products for everyone out there! X

      Delete