Sunday 18 January 2015

Real Techniques Brush Collection & How I Use Them.


I was never one for brushes, I had such a small collection but once 'Real Techniques' were released I began to build quite a collection! The thing I've learnt to do most with my brushes is not to use them simply for what they're supposed to be used for.. I see it more as a recommendation.. 

So I'm going to do a bit of an overview of which Real Techniques brushes I own and what I use them for! 

Blush Brush: I use this for all over face powders instead as I find the brush is slightly too large to focus on for just blush.  

Duo fiber face brush: I'm not the biggest fan of stippling brushes, I rarely use this but when I do it's for my all over foundation but I would like to give it another fair go. 

Cheek brush: I do use this for my blusher & I love the shape of this brush. It picks up just the right amount of product and blends really well! 

Buffing brush: I do use this for it's buffing features! Any cream contouring or thorough blending I'll use this brush. 

Expert face brush: My foundation brush- forever. I adore this brush and it's fab at buffing in all the foundation.

Deluxe crease brush: I really like this eyeshadow brush, I use this as a buffing eyeshadow brush to just blend the finished eye perfectly. 

Angled shadow brush: This is more of my crease eyeshadow brush working on the crease & the outer eye mainly. 

Base shadow brush: I use this as my concealer brush to buff in areas around my eyes and my nose, it's the perfect size for this and my eyeshadow brush collection is pretty full so thought I'd utilise this elsewhere!

Detailer brush: My clean up brush- whether it be focusing on concealing a spot, cleaning up any excess eyeshadow or around the lips. 

Eyeliner brush: I apply my eyeshadow onto the lower lash line with this brush and to layer and mattify any liner with black shadow. 

Accent brush: How I apply my red lipsticks! Such precision for the Cupid's bow, and like the detailer brush this helps with any little clean ups also. 

These are my core brushes but I do have others for filling in the gaps! I've currently got my eye on the Zoeva brushes which are on my current wish list and the most recent launch of Make Up Revolution being a range of makeup brushes these will no doubt be making an appearance in my collection too!  

How do you use your makeup brushes?

Any different techniques?

Rae xo 

8 comments:

  1. great collection i have the Nic's picks collection to! i never use them what there supposed to be for! i'm desperate for the zoeva brushes there at the top of my wish list to!

    http://oliviamulhearn.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you want the rose gold ones or just the classic? I can't decide!
      I've heard some people say the rose gold cracks etc? X

      Delete
  2. I'm using some of these too, but I'm in desperate need of some new brushes. I never know what brands to go for other than Real Techniques! Xx
    http://amyslittleweb.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make Up Revolution launched some brushes last week and they're super affordable so I think I'm going to give those ago whilst aiming for Zoeva next! X

      Delete
  3. I loooove Real Techniques and the majority of the ones you use are the same as me! I swear by the Expert Face Brush, I have at least three and just couldn't imagine a brush doing a better job for my foundation! :)

    Sarah / Sarah Smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them! I think they do the job so well, especially the expert face! It'd probably be the one I couldn't live without! Xx

      Delete
  4. Real techniques make the best affortable brushes in my book, I love them so much! I feel the same way about the blush brush, I just can't use it for blush so I use it to powder and it works great! Loved your article

    Mandine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! I couldn't be without them!
      I love the blush brush for all over, they last so well too! X
      I'm so pleased, thank you! X

      Delete